I am often asked what makes William C Huff White Glove Moving and Storage different from other companies in our industry. The first thing I say is that it is our people. I know that many companies use the same answer, but in our case, it is 100% why we are different. So, to illustrate that point, I am going to a brief history of eight staff members who are an integral part of why our clients always have the very best client experience possible.
1) Kent Mason - Kent began with William C Huff Companies when I first started it in 1989. Kent began moving furniture with me for the early first few years. We built a very close trust relationship that gradually grew into Kent taking many of my in-office bookkeeping duties over. Kent has been there for our clients and for the company 200% for nearly 34 years. He is retiring in a few months and his commitment to his job will never be replicated.
2) Jim Stuart - Jim began with William C Huff Companies more than 27 years ago and has personally moved thousands of families. His experience in the field is second to none. Jim “Stuey” has the honor of saying he has moved three generations of clients, during his tenure. He is always training new hires in the art of professional furniture handling, giving insight that only comes from time and experience.
3) Matt Hamilton - Matt started with us when he was just 19 years old. He quickly learned not just how to move furniture, but how the business runs. When the Florida office was started, Matt stepped up to help run more and more of the daily business details. Sales became his strong suite and today, more than 25 years later, he has the responsibilities for running the entire New Hampshire operation.
4) Donna Valpey - Donna was our very first full-time office staff member. Highly recommended through a good friend, I remember fondly, her first day on the job. I asked her to come in on a Saturday so I could give her a sense of what we did. Her previous experience was booking conference rooms at the local university and she confided that she knew nothing about the moving and storage business. In our office was a gigantic white board that had one month of scheduled jobs and our trucks available. I simply told her that she just needed to pretend that each empty box on the board (representing an empty truck) was a conference room and all she needed to do was fill the “rooms.” She said “Oh, I certainly can do that”. More than 25 years later, she is still filling those empty rooms.
5) John Purchase - John has been with the company for more years than he or I can remember. His willingness to always take on any responsibility has helped grow the Naples, FL operations into a multi-million dollar enterprise. He is the company’s Chief Operating Officer and he now has new responsibilities to help transition our growing business into a 100% management run business, a task that he is very qualified to do.
6) The Late Joel Henderson - I would be remiss to not include Joel as one of the top eight reasons why our company is preferred over other companies in our industry. 100% dedicated to total client satisfaction, Joel single-handedly helped grow our fledgling commercial warehousing division into our most valuable segment of business. Always willing to do whatever it took to wow our clients, Joel often would work on some of the most difficult jobs, just to help keep company morale high, while delivering unprecedented service to our most valuable clientele.
7) Mitch Elfreth - Words can never, ever totally describe how important Mitch has been to the success of William C Huff Companies. For more than 25 years Mitch has been everything for everyone. His unique client skills and amazing rapport with the entire Huff staff has earned respect of anyone and everyone who has had a chance to work with him! Many of our newer hires instantly are drawn into his charm and charisma, setting the stage for these new hires to want to be “as good as Mitch.”
8) Callie Mazzarella - Many of the calls into our office go through Callie and her pleasant, caring and informative voice has won over many, many of our clients. There has never been a bad phone experience with Callie. We’ll often have new clients come into our office, just so they can meet the person behind that incredibly kind voice.
There are more than 50 full-time staff members at the William C Huff White Glove Moving and Storage Company and I could include each one of their names in the list of reasons why homeowners have come to use our company for their logistics needs. Yes, we have technology, pristine warehousing, modern/clean vehicles and all of things that add to a complete perfect client experience, but without experienced, caring and diligent people, our company would just be another moving company.
William C. Huff Companies is committed to simplifying the complicated maze of moving and storing your priceless possessions. With over 40 full-time, tenured, and highly trained staff, you can be assured that your move will be handled smoothly and professionally, from the first phone call until the last box is unpacked.