As Memorial Day weekend approaches, there is no better time than now to make progress in your move preparation. To help you maximize the long weekend, here are five things you can do to get ahead:
1. Declutter: Take the time to go through all your belongings and decide what you need to keep and what can be let go of. Doing this will not only save space in the moving truck but also make packing more efficient.
2. Start Packing: Don’t leave packing until the last minute. Begin by packing items you don’t use frequently, such as seasonal clothing and decorations. Don’t forget to label each box with its contents and where it needs to be placed in the new home for easier unpacking.
3. Book Your Movers: Make sure to book your movers with William C. Huff if you haven’t already. Memorial Day is a popular time to move, so it is essential to secure your movers in advance to avoid any surprises.
4. Clean and Organize: Now that you’ve got some space, take some time to thoroughly clean and organize your home. Dust and wipe down surfaces, vacuum carpets and mop the floors. Put things away and make the house look peaceful before the hustle and bustle of moving starts.
5. Self-Care: Moving can be an extremely overwhelming process, so make sure to take breaks and take care of yourself. Find some time to relax and have fun, or simply just take some time for yourself to recharge before diving back into your move.
By following these simple steps to prepare for moving, you can be sure to have a stress-free and successful Memorial Day weekend and be on the right track to a successful move.
William C. Huff Companies is committed to simplifying the complicated maze of moving and storing your priceless possessions. With over 40 full-time, tenured, and highly trained staff, you can be assured that your move will be handled smoothly and professionally, from the first phone call until the last box is unpacked.