When packing liquids for a move, it is important to be careful in order to prevent spills. Here is a step-by-step guide for how to safely pack liquids:
1. Put all liquids in sealed containers with tightly fitted lids. Plastic containers with secure lids are usually best for liquids, and the tops should be sealed tightly with duct tape or shrink wrap to ensure that nothing spills during the move.
2. Wrap the sealed containers in plastic wrap. This helps keep any accidental spills from leaking onto other items in your boxes or onto the truck.
3. Place the wrapped containers into a sealable plastic bag. Again, this is an extra layer of protection in case any of the containers accidentally open.
4. Place all the bags into boxes with soft items around them to absorb any accidental bumps or shakes during the move. Be sure to place heavier items on the bottom of the box and the lighter liquids on top.
5. Label the boxes as "FRAGILE: LIQUIDS" and mark them with an arrow indicating which end should stay up during the move.
By following these steps, you can help ensure that your liquids stay securely packed and arrive at their destination without a single spill. Good luck and happy moving!
If you need help with packing, we are happy to help. Contact us today.
William C. Huff Companies is committed to simplifying the complicated maze of moving and storing your priceless possessions. With over 40 full-time, tenured, and highly trained staff, you can be assured that your move will be handled smoothly and professionally, from the first phone call until the last box is unpacked.