Elite home designers across the country need to have a trusted resource for receiving and delivering custom ordered furnishings for their UHNW (ultra-high net worth) homeowners. The relationship that is built between the UHNW homeowner and their designers is one of the most trusted relationships a homeowner has. It is in collaboration with these designers that UHNW homeowners can build a dream home that reflects the success they have had in business and in life.
It is up to the elite designers to create an experience that wows their UHNW homeowner. There can be no major mistakes, or the homeowner will lose confidence and the reputation of the elite designer will suffer. Choosing the right receiving and storage company to handle these (often custom-made furnishings) is imperative. Here are seven reasons why elite designers trust William C Huff Companies to handle their UHNW homeowners’ furnishings:
1. EXPERIENCE - It is often said that there is no substitute for experience and when it comes to the relationships built with UHNW homeowners and their designers, this is the most important aspect. Only experience can shed light on all the miniscule details that make up the private lives of UHNW homeowners.
a. William C Huff Companies has many staff members who have more than 15 years’ experience in the field, servicing UHNW families and their designers from across the Country.
2. FACILITIES - It is important that the warehouse which receives furnishings for elite designers be organized, clean and weather-proof. Many designer receiving facilities are small, unkempt and not weather-proof, making it easy for items to be damaged, soiled or misplaced.
a. During the past summer, Hurricane Ian wreaked havoc on much of the coastal Southwest Florida region. Although there were reportedly some warehouse facilities who sustained damage to furnishings, the William C Huff facilities were untouched by mother nature. In fact, the storage facilities have weathered four major hurricanes and have not had any damage at all to furnishings.
3. SUPPORT - Elite designers need to know that they have 24/7 support for their demanding clients. At William C Huff Companies, designers from across the country know they can call any time for any type of emergency and they will get priority attention. With several dedicated staff for receiving and deliveries, the William C Huff team has the capacity to make the impossible happen.
4. EQUIPMENT - Elite designers know that image is everything to their UHNW homeowners and the first and last impressions are the ones that last with their clients. Showing up with shoddy, unkempt vehicles is not a good impression for their homeowners.
a. On one project a few years ago, we worked with a designer who had items shipped directly to their new home from New York and from William C Huff’s facilities in Naples. The delivery truck from New York, covered in graffiti and covered in road dirt made such a bad impression that the designer would not allow anyone from that company to enter the new residence. With the newest and neatest fleet in the industry, the William C Huff Companies always makes a great first and last impression with our clients.
5. TRAINING - Sometimes experience alone is not enough and specific training is needed to know how to handle delicate antiques and fine art. William C Huff Companies has its staff professionally trained in handling fine art and antiquities by the Chief Conservator from the National Gallery of Art. This training is one of the many things which truly separates William C Huff Companies from all other receiving and delivery companies.
6. REPUTATION - “In Business Since 1908” is not just a tag line at William C Huff Companies, it is a trademark for reliability. Our reputation shows that we have over a 94% client retention and satisfaction rating for the last 34 years. This means our elite designers know that our firm will be there for them in the short (and long term) for their valued UHNW homeowners.
7. Flexibility – While under construction, most UHNW homeowners’ estates, suffer some setbacks and delays. Scheduling for delivery for large estates is a very difficult task for elite designers. They rely on having a flexible delivery firm that understands that last-minute changes will happen. William C Huff Companies cannot always promise miracles, but our reputation is built on making sure we go the extra mile to accommodate these inevitable changes in scheduling.
William C. Huff Companies is committed to simplifying the complicated maze of moving and storing your priceless possessions. With over 40 full-time, tenured, and highly trained staff, you can be assured that your move will be handled smoothly and professionally, from the first phone call until the last box is unpacked.