Today’s world is evolving at a speed that many of us cannot keep up with. Technology and artificial intelligence is rapidly changing the ways we do business, work, travel and live. To keep up many people are looking at the benefits of right sizing their lives. Right sizing is a way to simplify your life and simplify things so that you can have a better life experience. In the past, we had very set ideals for the “perfect” life. A large home, two cars, college savings for the kids, a good job with a solid company, etc.
Things are vastly different now, here are six benefits to right sizing your life so you can enjoy your life more.
- STRESS - Right sizing will lower stress levels and lead to a healthier body. Stress is a leading cause for health problems such as heart disease, mental illness and lowered immunity. Right sizing your life will lower stress levels, leading to better health.
- ENVIRONMENT – Right sizing your life can mean you learn to do more work from home, which will reduce your carbon footprint. The average commute to work in America is more than 30 minutes each way. If we can cut down on driving just two days a week, we can avoid sending tens of millions of pounds of CO2 into the atmosphere every week.
- QUALITY TIME WITH FAMILY – Right sizing can mean more time spent with family and friends and less time traveling. Time saved commuting means more time relaxing and enjoying the people you care most about.
- LIVE WITH LESS INCOME - A friend of mine sold his big dream home and moved closer to where his children could do their sports and he lowered his monthly expenses by more than half of what they were. Not having the expenses, he could afford to live on less, work less, travel less and have more quality time with his family.
- SIMPLER LIFESTYLE - Right sizing your life can simplify your day-to-day decisions and make it easier to focus on the things which mean the most. Reading a book, getting a movie in or just getting out to fish your favorite fishing hole is much easier to do if life is less complicated. Clearer thinking means better decision making for all the things you want to do.
- EARLIER RETIREMENT - We all dream of the day we can retire. The more complicated, more expensive and more stress we have, the longer it will take to retire. Right sizing your job, your home, your life and your passions, will make it easier to save for the day you want to hang up the workday and spend your days doing exactly what you want to do.
There are now over 100 million Americans over 57 years old. Many of these 100 million people are still waiting to retire and simplify their lives. Buy right sizing their lives now, there will be more opportunity to retire earlier and have more money to live on for a longer lifetime. Downsizing your home and relocating to an area where you can retire with a healthy, active lifestyle is what many Americans are choosing to do. William C Huff Companies is ready to help with all homeowners who want to right size their lives.